Family Law Attorney Vancouver WA

Family Law Attorney Unbundled Services

Often parties cannot afford, or do not wish to hire a local family law attorney for their entire case.  Unbundled legal services is a method of addressing a client’s legal needs where we and the client agree to limit the scope of our attorney involvement to specific tasks, specific methods, or certain issues.  The client will be responsible for doing everything else.  This method allows individuals who do not desire traditional attorney representation to access, and pay for, a defined scope of the work. Our office offers unbundled services if you wish to have us appear at a motion, mediation, etc. with a Limited Notice of Appearance.

Steps to Take after a Breakup

I advise my separated or divorced clients to do the following:

  1. Prepare a will to distribute your assets to the people you care about the most. If you already have a will, prepare a new will and have the old will revoked.
  2. Prepare a power of attorney to select someone to handle your finances if you become disabled. Again, if you had a power of attorney created before your breakup, have it revoked.
  3. Select a new beneficiary on assets you may own, such as stocks, transfer-on-death brokerage accounts, bank accounts, individual retirement accounts (IRAs), retirement accounts, 401(k) accounts, payable-on-death accounts, and other financial assets.


Adoption is one of the most rewarding things a family can experience. A child is granted a new opportunity in life and new parents are given the opportunity to make a difference. Our compassionate family law attorney appreciates the chance to help families through this process.


In family law there are times when you may face contempt charges, usually for failure to comply with an order. If you are facing contempt charges in family court, we can help you lessen or, in some cases, eliminate the consequences.

Juvenile Dependency

Juvenile Dependency actions are long complicated actions with many different factors for consideration. Linda has been involved in juvenile dependency for over ten years, and can help you resolve the matter with the best possible results.

Matters involving Child Protective Services (CPS)

When Child Protective Services (CPS) becomes involved in your life, it can be hard to know what your rights are and when CPS is overstepping their boundaries. Linda is experienced in handling matters with CPS and can help you get CPS out of your life.

Child Protective Services (CPS) exists to protect children in danger. Any person can report an instance of abuse or neglect to CPS, which investigates the allegations. However, CPS is a large, bureaucratic organization that sometimes lacks sensitivity to unique family dynamics. CPS can overlook the rights of parents and not adhere to the boundaries of state power. These oversights can act to the detriment of the same children and families that CPS seeks to assist. An effective family law attorney in Vancouver, WA can help you during this critical investigation phase.

Linda Staples has a wealth of experience in child welfare cases and brings compassion and understanding to your side. She knows that the happiness and health of your child is most important to you, and has spent years in the courtroom as a powerful advocate in dependency hearings and administrative law, and has earned a reputation in this area of the law.

Child Abuse Matters

Child Abuse allegations are devastating for any family. Linda is experienced in helping families through these rough times.

Non-Parental or Third Party Custody

Situations sometimes arise when a parent may be unfit to care for a child. When this happens, a family member, or someone else close to the child and the family, will step in to provide care for the child. We understand how delicate these situations can be and will be here to help you through this matter, whether you are the parent or the non parental party.

Prenuptial Agreements

In today’s world of mixed families and frequent divorce, we understand the desire to protect your assets before entering into a marriage or cohabitation arrangement, and can help you draft an agreement that will protect these assets.


Establishing paternity and making arrangements for the issues that arise after paternity is established, can be difficult. We are experience in handling paternity matters and can help you resolve the issues surrounding parentage.

QDRO (Division of Retirement Assets)

A qualified domestic relations order, otherwise known as a QDRO, is just one type of order dividing a retirement asset. We are committed to guiding our clients through the process of dividing retirement assets effectively and efficiently.

Same Sex Marriage

Our practice areas include representation of same sex couples in any family law matter including dissolution and adoption.

Relocation Actions

The issue of child custody can be complicated even after the Final Parenting Plan is established. Often a parent wishes to relocate with the children. We can assist you in the process of a requesting or objecting to a proposed relocation.

Client Input Form; Secure Web Information Form Transfer (SWIFT)

10000 NE 7th Ave, Suite 400
Vancouver, WA 98685
Office: 360-694-9309
Fax: 360-542-9509

Leave a Review for Linda


The information you obtain while visiting this site is not legal advice and is not intended to be legal advice. You should consult an attorney for legal counsel regarding your individual situation and circumstances. We encourage you to contact us and welcome your calls and electronic mail. However, contacting us does not establish any attorney-client relationship. Please do not send or communicate any confidential information to us, in any way, until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.